Ride to Rasta Cafe

You know the importance of weekends when you know you can hop on your bike and go aimlessly anywhere you want. It was a lazy Saturday and I was with my girl friend deciding where we can go in the evening and we finally decided to go to Rasta cafe.

Before starting my tour experience, let me first tell you about Rasta Cafe. It is always in a "To Visit List" of all Bangloreans who love riding or driving. If you guys search something like "Places to visit in Bangalore" on internet, you will probably get "Rasta Cafe" for sure. Though its not in Bangalore but as its just 50kms from AC city, it is among the most visited places. This cafe is basically famous because it is open 24hrs and they serve Hookah. It is on the way to Mysore which means easy to reach. There is nothing special about this place but it has gained popularity because this cafe is on a highway at a moderate distance which can be enjoyed while riding or driving.

Now coming back on how I decided to visit this place and how was my experience. I love going on road trips and try my best to visit new places. So, on Saturday afternoon, we thought of going out somewhere in Bangalore. By the time we were deciding, I got call from Piyush who is one my best buddy as he was also getting bored and wanted to go somewhere. We thought since we have time, why don't we go to Rasta cafe. I had already been to this place but as Piyush hasn't, we finalized Rasta cafe as our destination for Saturday hangout. By the way, Piyush too love riding and he has one hack of  bike.

Piyush stays on the other side of Bangalore and road to Rasta cafe is through Nice road which is near to my place. So I asked him to meet near the Nice Road. It was first time that he would meet my girl friend. We started by 2:00 and met around 2.30 pm. Piyush clicked few snaps of us. By the way he is a great photographer. After bit of a Photo session, we headed towards, Rasta cafe. Route to Rasta cafe is simple and straight through well built highway. No wonder why NICE road is given this name as its very beautiful. We had to pay a toll of Rs 36 for each bike to use this highway. After covering around 20kms, we had to leave Nice road and enter Mysore road.

Mysore road is not as good as Nice road but its pretty descent. I was bit low on fuel so had to refill. Climate was not supportive as it was on the warmer side. It took around another 30kms to reach Rasta cafe. There is a CCD just beside Rasta cafe and this is how I remembered it. Cafe is on the right side of road and we had to take a "U" turn. I missed the first one and had to go further to find another one to reach Rasta cafe. Luckily, it was not far considering U turns given on highways.

Finally we reached our destination. They have both indoor and outdoor seating. We decided to seat indoor but towards edge so that we can get the view. We were hungry and ordered both starters as well as main course with Coffee. After finishing up with our appetite, Piyush took some lovely pics and after spending around 2 hours we started back to our place. Since Piyush knows photography he was scanning the places on highway where we can take cool pics and while returning we did stop at those places.

Overall it was good ride and as always we enjoyed riding.

Bike Driven : Suzuki Gixxer SF Moto GP edition and Pulsar RS200.
Visited in August.

Cheers !!

Comments