Ride to Mysore from Bangalore

Being in IT industry, Extended weekends are the most awaited days. I knew there was an extended weekend in August as Independence day was on Monday. As usual, I wanted to go for a bike trip but this time somewhere far where I could stay for one day.

I usually prefer hill stations or Beaches and Wayanad was most feasible place from Bangalore. I finalised Wayanad as my destination. Somewhere in my mind had told myself that I should book hotel before two weeks or so but as lazy as I am, I dint. So at the eve of leaving, I tried booking hotels and everything was sold out. I could not find even a single hotel. Many told me to visit and I will find some accomodation for sure but I dint wanted to take risk. I was upset but then there was nothing I could do.

So far you guys must be wondering that the content and the Title of the blog does not match but now I guess you can predict why I wrote that.

I was suppose to ride with my friend Piyush but unfortunately, he was sick and could not accompany me. I thought since I could not go to Wayanad, why dont I give Mysore a shot. It is 150kms from my place.

I had finalized only two places to visit in Mysore and that was Chamundi Hills and St. Philomena Church. I had a set an alarm of 4 am and started by 5:00. It was pretty cold but I had worn Jacket so I was fine. Headed towards NICE road which is around 5kms from my place. I had to pay a toll of Rs 36 to use that highway. Its amazing. One of the best Highway I have ever rode my bike on. After riding for about 20kms, I had to take a diversion to get onto Mysore road. I was riding bit slow because it was dark and cold as well.

After getting onto Mysore road, I could ride bit faster because Sun had almost risen but still cold. I had stopped once or twice in between to click pictures before taking major stop for having breakfast.
I had one plain dosa and black coffee and started in 20 mins or so.

Entered Mysore by 8:00am. Mysore is a very small city. Everything was nearby. So as decided, I visited St. Philomena Church and it was magnificent. It is the third largest Church in south India. Though it was under renovation from inside, but people were allowed to visit. I loved it. Took few selfies and it was first time I started using Selfie stick.

After church, I headed towards, Mysore palace, not in my list to visit but as it was near by, I thought maybe I can have a glance of it. It was very hot and had to stand in line to get ticket. Since I am not much of a fan of Palaces ( I am from Rajasthan where each city has one palace ), I skipped palace and started towards Chamundi hills. It was a very good ride. Trees everywhere. Good roads. Loved it. Temple was very crowded so I could get inside but I did  enjoyed up there. After spending around half an hour or so, I started back.

I had called my dad to inform I was fine as he was bit worried. Later he asked me to get sandal wood from government shop. Actually Mysore is famous for Sandal woods and there are two government shops who sell authentic sandal woods. I got one for 800rs which was just 28gms.

I had finished all this by 1:00 pm and started back to Bangalore. Stopped in between to have lunch and coffee and reached Bangalore by 4:00 pm

Overall it was good ride. Enjoyed covering 344kms in 11 hours.











Cheers !!


 

Comments