Unforeseen Accident


June 06, 2016, pleasant Monday morning. Woke up early, got fresh and ready to start new day. I had my friend visiting that weekend so had to drop her back to her place which is about 30kms from where I live.It was bit cold I had put on my jeans and windcheater and she had worn woolen pajama and hoodie because she feels cold way more than normal person. So, we started around 6:15 in the morning. Not much of a traffic.on the way to her place, I noticed my fuel indicator was blinking. Thought of getting it refueled while returning. My average speed must be 40 to 50kms an hour. There are two routes which I can take to reach her place,One which I normally take is by crossing CMRIT college and the other one is through Whitefield road. I saw less traffic towards the Whitefield road and raved my bike towards it.

We would be around 2 kms away from her place and road was bit wet. There was speed breaker and I had slowed down and suddenly a guy pops in the middle of the road to cross and I had to put sudden brake.Since road was wet, I lost control. Tried to manage and somehow crossed divider and went to other side of road but I could not manage and bike fell on the right side of my leg. I was so scared for my friend who was sitting on the pillion seat.

I saw she was fine. then I looked at my bike and somebody has turned it off and kept aside. There were few people who came to help us and I am very thankful to them. they made my friend to sit on the road side footpath. She was holding her knee and I was damn scared. They bought water for us. I got hurt and few bruises on my leg, waist and elbow. She got few scratches on her palm. my jeans had torn and windcheater too got a hole near elbow.

People told us that nothing has happened and God has saved us but I was still in shock. Then I scanned my bike. Luckily there were no scratches. Glass of indicator had broken along with a crack on left mirror. Due to the fall on the right side,Handle bar had twisted. Everything in bike looked ok. We started from the accident zone towards her place. we were almost nearing when our bike slipped again due to pebbles. This time it was on the left side. I could have stopped my bike from falling but my legs were paining due to previous accident so I just jumped and asked my friend too to do the same.

Again we had few guys helping us and we are thankful to them. This time, left indicator had broken, gear lever had twisted, got bad scratches on the ferri of the bike. Though bike just fell this time, it created more impact on bike than the previous fall. My friend asked me with a smile, if we had prayed today.

I dropped her to her place. Thought of taking her to a clinic near by but everything was closed.

I started back to my place. I just had my third free servicing done two days ago but again I had to go the service center. It was on the way so I dint find much problem. I explained them and they promised to deliver my bike in four days. I informed my office mates about it and planned to work from home the whole week.

I took an auto after giving my bike. Came home with bruised body. My flatmates were bit concern but then everything was fine. Got dressing done for my wounds and got TT injection to avoid any future issues. By the time I came back to my flat, I realized I don't have key with me as it was with my friend which I forgot to take it from her.

One of my flatmate works in the same company where I work which is around 4kms from my place. So, I called him, explained the situation and got key from him. I thought of starting saving by this month but then God had some other plans ;)

However, all is well now. We both are recovering. Thank you everyone who helped us.

Lesson learnt from this accident, I could have saved my leg If I had worn shoes. So I will make it a point that I wear shoe and Jean or a trouser every time I ride bike.

Cheers !!

Comments