Ride to Nandi Hills

Bangalore is known for IT industry and we all know how IT people live their life. It was an extended weekend, which by the way is the treat for all working employees. Me and my roommate planned to visit Nandi hills on Friday morning.

Before I begin my experience, let me brief you about Nandi Hills. Its a small hill located about 100 kms from Bangalore. It is famous for sunrise. So people tend to start early in the morning to reach bit early. Roads to Nandi hill is a treat for all bike lovers. Actually hill road must be around 4kms with few hair pin bends. Roads on the hill are well maintained with proper boundary through out.

So my roommate and I planned to visit this place Friday morning and we made this plan on Thursday night. I stay in a outskirts of Bangalore so I had to start earlier than other Bangalorians. We made plan at 10pm on Thursday to start by 2am on Friday. I was pretty sure of end result and as expected none of us woke up at 2am. But, we decided to give a visit on Saturday morning.
I asked my previous roommate who is now married to join us and he agreed.

Saturday morning 2 am, I woke up both my roommate and ex-roommate. We had a plan of starting by 2 but we got ready and started by 2.30 from my place.We had to wait for couple of minutes for married couple to join us. They were on Activa and I was on Suzuki Gixxer SF. We started around 3.30 AM. I wanted to rev my bike but unfortunately I couldn't because other guy was on activa and we had to sync our speed. None of us knew the way to Nandi hills but thanks to google map we were able to figure out our way. We did miss few cuts which delayed our travel but that fine.

We reached Nandi hills around 5.30 but then we were not allowed to move further because there was a barrier before hilly road which would open about 15 mins before sunrise.Just like me, all the people with their bike and cars were waiting near barrier. Around 5:45, we were allowed to start our trip on the hilly road.It was fun and we reached in no time. Parked our vehicle and took ticket for 20rs and started walking towards sunrise point.

I was all excited but believe me it was nothing extraordinary. I get a better view of sunrise from my flat which is at 10th floor. I did my fair bit of research before visiting Nandi hills. By the way it is famous for clouds and sunrise.

I visited in mid April. Not sure if that's the correct time to visit this place. However, I would highly recommend to all those who love riding or driving.

Cheers!!










Comments