Social Media

Hi Readers,

I was going through random apps installed in my phone and stuck on one of the social networking apps. As expected, there were not much feeds as I had browsed just two minutes ago. I saw a post from one of my friend whom I don't think I have talked for six months. Then I had a glance through my friend list and there were people whom I have forgotten completely. 

I realized that social networking sites were supposed to bring people closer but it was not happening with me. I was not sure if it was same for everyone, and asked my friends if they are in contact with everyone or even if they talk to them once in a month, and their answer was nothing different from what I was experiencing. 

Our life has changed completely over a decade. Social networking has taken control over our life.
I don't deny the fact that it is a very powerful tool in so many ways. Be it advertisement or be it business, this platform has so many things to offer.

As an experiment, I wanted to check how would I be without any social media and to do that I disconnected myself from Internet. Five minutes...Ten minutes...30 minutes...60 minutes and now I was getting restless. I had nothing to do and it really took a toll on my head. I never got such feeling earlier because I had social networking sites, where I could browse and meet people virtually.

Gone are those days, when we use to meet our friends, chat with them, share our feelings without posting it over some social media sites. Our future generation will never know the feeling of such moments.

Below is the graph which shows how we have started using social media over years and most targeted age groups.



Guys, try disconnecting yourself from social media like I did to test myself, and see how long can you resist it.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. It's sad but true that we have already become too addicted to social networking...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment